Concord Express Hard EPROM Clear - Does it reset Dealer code?
JOhn
2003-11-10 21:56:04 UTC
I'm curious whether the hard reset/eprom clear function on the Concord
Express panel resets absolutely everything to factory defaults. The
installation manual does not cover the process. I found a message in
Google's archive of alt.security.alarm that said that shorting the two
solder pads marked "EPROM Reset" while doing a power-up clears the
eprom.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks!
Jim Rojas

Thanks!
John
Thanks!
Jim Rojas

Thanks!
John
2003-11-10 22:40:33 UTC
Interesting.

I think I'm going to sue ADT for it. I wanted to see if it was
something easy I could do myself. I'm actually looking forward to the
court action. ADT are such crooks.

Thanks for your prompt help.

John
Thanks!
HossBud

Thanks!
John
Thanks!
Frank Olson
2003-11-11 20:31:20 UTC
Post by John
I purchased my alarm from ADT. My contract is up. I'm leaving ADT.
They refused to default my dealer and installer codes.
If, indeed, your contract is now "up", are you certain you actually "own"
the equipment? Please refer to your contract and make sure before you start
"demanding" anything from them...
John
2003-11-12 00:32:42 UTC
I definitely own it. No question. They don't refute it. It is just
their "policy" that under no circumstances to they give access to
dealer-level programing to end users. Period. Even after they are no
longer being monitored by them.

Frank Olson
2003-11-12 03:31:26 UTC
Post by John
I definitely own it. No question. They don't refute it. It is just
their "policy" that under no circumstances to they give access to
dealer-level programing to end users. Period. Even after they are no
longer being monitored by them.
If it's your system, and no longer monitored, then "sue the bastards"....
:-)
Robert L. Bass
2003-11-12 05:22:10 UTC
Post by John
I definitely own it. No question. They don't refute it. It is just
their "policy" that under no circumstances to they give access to
dealer-level programing to end users. Period. Even after they are no
longer being monitored by them.
This is fairly common practice in the industry. It's crooked and rotten.
Take them to your local court of small claims. Also, document every
communication with them and send letters to the consumer editors of every
newspaper, radio and television station in your area. You can also create a
website detailing what they're doing. Only state in print what you can
prove though. Your objective is to become such a pain in ADT's derriere
that they accede to your request.

They and several dishonest alarm company reps who post here will make up
endless excuses to justify this company's dishonest practices. A few honest
dealers will decry their actions.

You should also send a letter to your state's attorney general detailing
what they have done -- how they sold you products but made it impossible for
you to use them fully. Send copies to the state licensing agency and (of
course) to the local media along with your other notes.

Don't send original documents to anyone, including the AG. They'll get lost
and you'll be unable to prove your case if it gets to court. Make
photocopies and send them.

In your legal action demand the entire purchase cost of the system be
returned to you, plus reasonable court costs. Whatever you do, don't give
up. These scum will keep ripping people off until they get hit hard for it.

Regards,
Robert

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
2291 Pine View Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34231
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 Fax
941-232-0791 Wireless
Nextel Private ID - 161*21755*1
http://www.bass-home.com
=============================>
Frank Olson
2003-11-12 05:58:27 UTC
Post by Robert L. Bass
Post by John
I definitely own it. No question. They don't refute it. It is just
their "policy" that under no circumstances to they give access to
dealer-level programing to end users. Period. Even after they are no
longer being monitored by them.
This is fairly common practice in the industry.
This is *not* "fairly common practice" but watching Robert go off on one of
his "rants" is enjoyable... Sit back... Keep your hands *inside* the car,
your lap belt fastened, and your seat back in the "full upright" position
until it comes to a complete stop... :-)
d***@yahoo.com
2012-12-08 19:05:45 UTC
One of the quickest, least expensive fixes for this is to buy a new Express board only on eBay for $45 or so. First download the installation programming manual (not just the user programming manual), and write down all the existing system settings - mostly the sensor settings. Then walk yourself through the installation manual as a dry-run to make sure you have all the info you need. Then take a bunch of photos of your current board so that you know how all the wires are connected (maybe make some tape labels for each before disconnecting). Then you disconnect the system power and back-up battery, the all the other connections. Remove the old board, put in the new one and follow the installation manual, using all the info and photos you recorded earlier. Takes a couple hours and maybe a couple visits t this forum, but pretty straight forward. All the codes are the defaults indicated in the manual (1245, 4321, 12345, etc.) so then you can change them to whatever you want - and you're in control again!
Jim
2012-12-09 04:40:33 UTC
I'm sorry to say that John passed away in '06. In his will he insisted that his family continue to persue ADT until their dying day or they would not receive one penny of their inheritance. To this day, ADT denies ever having John as a customer, but his wife occasionally gets threatening letters written in cut out newspaper and magazine format, telling her to drop the case "or else". Black limousines with darkened windows are sometimes seen following the children to school and there have been suspiscious fires and accidents at the house since Johns death. The neighbors no longer speak to Johns family, out of fear that they too might get drawn into the "situation". One night, a few weeks ago, someone spotted the sillouett of a black helicopter hovering over Johns house but it wasn't making any noise. There where men dropping from ropes onto the roof of Johns house. No one has seen any memebers of the family since that night. The neighbors are going to report these going on's to the authorities .... right after the holidays. No sense spoiling the kids Christmas.
d***@yahoo.com
2012-12-23 23:11:00 UTC
Then I'll tip a glass to Robert and his battle against ADT! If he were still here, I'd tell him that ADT isn't the only company that plays these kind of games - American Security in Macedonia, Ohio does the same thing. The a-hole owner also sues his clients on a regular basis when the drop or change providers. I had a three year contract with them, then after four years they sold me service contract to another company (Guardian), who I dropped after a year. Then 6 months later, American sent me a letter threatening to sue me for balance due on a (non-existent) five-year contract plus other bogus charges. My lawyer looked at my contract, the letter from them when the transferred my account to Fuardian, and then laughed at their bogus claims. He helped me compose a response letter and the problem evaporated. Too bad, I was really looking forward to counter-suing the bastards.

<sigh> What happened to an honest days wage for an honest days work?
Jim
2012-12-24 00:47:41 UTC
[...]
SIGH!!!
Will you please pay attention???

** "JOHN"** ..... was the helicopter plot ..... not Robert!!!!

With Robert, ... they just set off a car bomb in a car parked in his driveway and the whole family was killed. While the site was being examined by the athorities, an ADT truck pulled up and six people in ski masks siffted through the debris and took off with all the alarm equipment. The cops just stood back in obvious fear while they went through the wreckeage.
afterwards ..... nothing was said about the event.
s***@gmail.com
2016-02-24 23:46:47 UTC
Jim,

Are you still able to remove all codes from the GE Concord Express board?

Scott
Mark Leuck
Thanks!
s***@gmail.com
2014-04-18 00:31:39 UTC
There is an easy way to find the Dealer Code and Installer code: carefully remove the 8-pin EEPROM from the board, and I can help to read out the codes from the eeprom. Done and easy and cheap, simple way.

Brian
Jim Rojas
2014-04-18 01:15:21 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
There is an easy way to find the Dealer Code and Installer code: carefully remove the 8-pin EEPROM from the board, and I can help to read out the codes from the eeprom. Done and easy and cheap, simple way.
Brian
I spent many years unlocking and reading chips. The best way to locate
the data you seek is to start with a fresh board and change the
installer & dealer code. You may then read the chip and take notes on
the location.

It is not as easy as all that. Installer & dealer codes will vary from
panel type and version, even from the same manufacturer like GE.

It starts getting interesting when you try it on panels with SMD chips,
or SRAM (Radionics).

You really do not need to remove the chips to read them. It is more cost
effective to buy a good set of programmers that can read the chips in
circuit.

Good Luck
--
Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
GoogleTalk: ***@gmail.com
Dave Roe
https://groups.google.com/g/concorrd-express-dealer-code-recovery
ABLE1
2023-10-28 22:50:33 UTC
Post by Dave Roe
Post by JOhn
I'm curious whether the hard reset/eprom clear function on the Concord
Express panel resets absolutely everything to factory defaults. The
installation manual does not cover the process. I found a message in
Google's archive of alt.security.alarm that said that shorting the two
solder pads marked "EPROM Reset" while doing a power-up clears the
eprom.
Can anyone clarify this for me?
Thanks!
https://groups.google.com/g/concorrd-express-dealer-code-recovery
HELLO Dave!!!
This posting was dated from 2003?? That will be 20 years in
about 2 weeks!! I am sure the OP no longer cares!!

Then again...........................
mleuck
2023-10-29 00:46:13 UTC
Post by ABLE1
Post by Dave Roe
Post by JOhn
I'm curious whether the hard reset/eprom clear function on the Concord
Express panel resets absolutely everything to factory defaults. The
installation manual does not cover the process. I found a message in
Google's archive of alt.security.alarm that said that shorting the two
solder pads marked "EPROM Reset" while doing a power-up clears the
eprom.
Can anyone clarify this for me?
Thanks!
https://groups.google.com/g/concorrd-express-dealer-code-recovery
HELLO Dave!!!
This posting was dated from 2003?? That will be 20 years in
about 2 weeks!! I am sure the OP no longer cares!!
hey he still may be waiting all this time for an answer, and that answer is a hard reset will NOT reset the dealer code